Residential realty sites like Zillow, Trulia or Houzz get a ton of traffic. Zillow alone receives as many as 36 million visits a month. Some of it is serious home seekers and some is people just looking. But, when you’re browsing the online gallery or slideshow of a home, what is one of the first things you look at when you come to the kitchen? The kitchen cabinets.
The cabinets dominate the kitchen scene. They frame in the utilities (think sink) and appliances (think oven); they may form an entire wall or two of the room, and they usually come with unique hardware or other custom touches that make them an expression of the current or original owners’ personal taste. Kitchen cabinets do hard, everyday work and they take a beating. If the decision is not to replace, but renew the kitchen cabinets, the homeowner is left with the question of how to paint kitchen cabinets?
Talk to the Paint Experts
No doubt, you know the familiar jingle, “Ask Sherwin-Williams.” And if you’re going to do-it-yourself, we think it’s absolutely great advice. It’s the paint ONiT uses. We believe in the product, we use it exclusively, and enjoy the great Sherwin-Williams customer support. In advising customers doing their own kitchen cabinet painting, here are the five steps Sherwin-Williams recommends:
- Remove Doors and Hardware
- Prep, Sand and Prime (you may have to come back to sanding after priming)
- Sand again after a waiting period
- Apply a first coat
- Apply a second coat, reinstall new or existing hardware, and remount your cabinets.
That sounds pretty straightforward, right? It can be. If it’s the route for you, then take a look at the five recommendations in a little more detail.
Talk to Indianapolis Painting Experts
Maybe you don’t want to do it yourself. To paint kitchen cabinets requires more than just knowing the steps. It requires confidence. It requires time. And it requires patience. If your vocation or hobby isn’t residential painting, you may feel that you just don’t have enough of what it takes to do it yourself. And that’s OK. That is where ONiT Painting of Indianapolis comes in.
We have the expertise and process to get it done right. Here are a few of the other reasons it pays to paint your kitchen cabinets with ONiT:
- Upfront pricing. You’ll know the pricing before you authorize the work.
- Color consultation. Our on-staff color consultant is trained to help you through this all-important first step. Not only will you receive guidance on color, but also the type of paint and finish required for the job.
- On-site expertise. The prep, painting, finish, detail and clean up of a kitchen cabinet paint job is done with confidence and experience when it’s done by ONiT.
- Project management. Our staff prides itself on flexibility and reliability. We manage time effectively to work with you, to know your requirements, and meet deadlines.
- Quality products. Our work features high quality Sherwin-Williams paints.
- Communication. You are not in the dark with ONiT. As professional contract painters, we take a consultative approach where you’re involved in the process and will always know the status of your kitchen cabinet painting project.
- Comfort. With ONiT painting your kitchen cabinets, you’ll have the confidence of working with a highly reviewed company and a 2-Year Guarantee.
If you’re feeling informed and ready, and your answer to ‘how to paint kitchen cabinets’ is, “Call ONiT Painting!”, then give us a call at 317-824-9322, or contact us for a free estimate. We look forward to working with you!